The Henry County Library System welcomes donations.
- Online monetary donations may be made to the Library using PayPal:
- Money donated by check should be written to Henry County Library System and mailed to 1001 Florence McGarity Blvd., McDonough, GA 30252
- If you have a specific purpose for the donation, please include a letter stating that purpose and send it along with the check to Library Director, 1001 Florence McGarity Blvd., McDonough, GA 30252
Materials donations should meet the following criteria:
Materials should be boxed in small sturdy clean boxes.
If you have more than 3 boxes, please call in advance as we have limited receiving space and limited staff to aid in the unloading.
If you wish a tax letter, you must have a count of each type material donated: hardback, paperback, DVD, CD, etc.
Materials must be:
- In good condition with no broken bindings, missing pages, outdated information
- Clean with no evidence of mold, insect infestation, water damage, underlining/highlighting, or have strong animal or smoke odors
- No textbooks/workbooks, National Geographic magazines, or encyclopedias accepted
- The following types of books must be less than 5 years old:
travel books, computer books, medical and financial books
Donations will be handled in the following manner:
- Added to the library
- Donated to the Friends of the Library for sale in book sales
- Sent to an online bookseller and the library gets the revenue
All donations are used for the purchase of equipment and/or collection materials and to fund programming and other events at the library. As a non-profit organization, donations are tax-deductible. The library relies on donations to supplement funding from the county and other agencies.